Siamese Ecolite Co., Ltd.
335/13-14 Prime State Office, Srinakarin Road, Nongbon, Pravet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand
Tel: 0-23660961-8 Fax: 0-23660861
|Lightweight Concrete |
Lightweight concrete is a type of concrete that has bulk density lower than 2000 kg/m3. Insted of limestone, lightweight concrete is typically reinforced with lightweight aggregate such as expanded clay.
TEXCA® is a kind of lightweight expanded clay aggregate that was fired at a temperature highter than 1250 °C. Due to its light weight and high strength, TEXCA® is a versatile material. It is commonly used as reinforcement in lightweight concrete products.
TEXCA®-reinforced concrete mix can be designed according to its application to have a range of density from 680 to 1850 kg/m3 as well as compressive strength from 10 to 500 kg/cm2.
TEXCA®-reinforced concrete or “TEXCA® CONCRETE” has various applications such as ready-mixed lightweight concrete, prefabricated lightweight concrete products, and concrete repair. TEXCA CONCRETE posesses the following unique properties:
1. 20 – 60 % lighter than conventional concrete, reducing overall structural weight and saving construction and transportation costs
2. stronger than other types of lightweight concrete such as grey CLC (Cellular Lightweight concrete and white AAC (Autoclaved Aerated Concrete)
3. better thermal insulation when compared to conventional concrete
4. better fire resistance than conventional concrete due to TEXCA’s high-temperature manufacturing process
5. better sound insulation when compared to conventional concrete
6. can contribute to LEED certification points
|What is TEXCA |
Specification and Properties
Possible concrete mix designs
TEXCA as green roof
TEXCA as LEED rating system